Training & Education Requirements Of A Medical Office Assistant In Montreal
- CISSS de Laval or Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal
- Family care centres like Le centre de santé Meraki
- Local community services centres (CLSC)
- Walk-in clinics
- Home care centres
- Ambulatory care clinics
- Immunization clinics
- Plastic surgery centres
- Insurance companies
- Chiropractic clinics
- Naturopathic clinics
- Acupuncture clinics
- Community health centres
- Long-term care centres
- Dental clinics
- Optometry clinics
- And more
What Are The Benefits Of a Diploma Over A Certificate In Medical Office Administration?
The Advantage Of An Online Medical Office Assistant Diploma
What Are the Average Salaries And Job Prospects And for Medical Office Assistants in Montreal?
- Public or private healthcare facilities
- Hospitals or clinics
- General or specialized practices
MOA Vs Unit Clerk
How Much Is The Salary Of A Medical Office Assistant In Ottawa?
- After graduating from a Medical Office Assistant Diploma, jobseekers might find that working for a hospital or a specialized clinic pays more than working for a family doctor or a dentist.
- Research the different types of healthcare facilities that hire MOAs and see which ones pay better or offer more benefits.
- Look for a position with a Montreal health authority employing unionized workers.
- Use your professional network and seek out the best opportunities.
- Keep updating your skills and knowledge through continuing education or certification courses.
MOAs’ Most Valuable Skills For Success In Montreal-Based Careers
- Transcribing medical reports and correspondence
- Invoicing patients and processing insurance claims
- Record-keeping and data entry
- Using medical office software
- Understanding medical terminology and anatomy
- Following infection control and safety protocols
- Customer service
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Empathy and compassion
- Bilingual fluency
Career Opportunities For Medical Office Assistants In Montreal
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Patient Coordinator
- Medical Scheduler
- Hospital Unit Clerk
- Medical Billing Clerk
- And more
- Medical Office Manager
- Medical Office Trainer
- Clinic Manager