Education and Training Requirements for Becoming an MOA in Moncton
- Moncton Hospital
- Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
- Moncton Family Medical Clinic
- Dieppe Family Medicine Clinic
- Greater Moncton Health Centre
- Walk-in clinics
- Alternative medicine clinics
- Moncton Allergy & Asthma Clinic
- Moncton Fertility Centre
- Medavie Blue Cross
- Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home
- Acupuncture clinics
- Community health centres
- Insurance providers
- Dental clinics
- Optometry clinics
- And more
Why Choose A Diploma Over A Certificate For Medical Office Administration Careers In Moncton?
- more skills and experience to offer to employers, which could give you an edge over other candidates
- confidence and satisfaction in your skillset, knowing that you've received the most comprehensive education possible for the role
- better chances of financial aid, such as student loans and grants
Job Outlook And Salary For Medical Office Assistants In Moncton
Is Unit Clerk A Good Career In Moncton?
How To Earn More As A Medical Office Assistant In Moncton
- After graduating from a Medical Office Administration Diploma program at a reputable career college such as Sundance College, look for a job in a hospital or a specialized clinic. These settings usually pay more than a family doctor or a dentist's office.
- Look for a position with New Brunswick health authorities, employing unionized workers. Unionized workers often have higher wages and better benefits than non-unionized workers.
- Use your professional network and seek out the best opportunities. Ask your classmates, instructors, practicum supervisors, or career services advisors for referrals or recommendations.
- Keep updating your skills and knowledge through continuing education or certification courses. The more skills and qualifications you have, the more valuable you are to employers.
Try to boost your income potential and career prospects as an MOA in Moncton. When becoming an MOA in this city, you can also enjoy more satisfaction and fulfillment in your work, knowing that you are making a difference in people's lives. It can be even more satisfying staying in your hometown where your family is while others move away to compete for opportunities in various provinces.
MOAs' Most Valuable Skills For Success In Moncton-Based Careers
- Transcribing medical reports and correspondence
- Processing insurance claims
- Record-keeping and data entry
- Utilizing medical office software
- Following infection control and safety protocols
- Understanding medical terminology and anatomy
- Organization and time management
- Communication and customer service
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Empathy and compassion
- Bilingual Fluency (English and French) may or may not be required
How to Develop MOA Skills Through Post-Secondary Education
Explore The Career Opportunities For MOAs In Moncton
- Medical Billing Clerk
- Patient Coordinator
- Medical Scheduler
- Hospital Unit Clerk
- Medical Transcriptionist
- And more
How Can You Advance Your Career As An MOA?
- Medical Office Manager
- Clinic Manager
- Medical Office Trainer
Becoming an MOA in Moncton can open up many doors for you in the health field. You will have the chance to work in different medical settings, apply for various job titles, and advance your career as you gain more skills and experience — and your skills are of use across Canada in case you want to start a life out-of-province.