What Education Do You Need To Become A Medical Office Assistant In Halifax?
- The Queen Elizabeth II (QEII) Sciences Centre
- Mackenzie Building - QEII
- Victoria Building - QEII
- Abbie J. Lane Memorial Building - QEII
- Camp Hill Veterans Memorial Building - QEII
- Centennial Building - QEII (inpatient)
- Bethune Building - QEII (administrative)
- Acupuncture clinics
- Community health centres
- Dental clinics
- Optometry clinics
- Home care centres
- Ambulatory care clinics
- Immunization clinics
- Insurance companies
- Chiropractic clinics
- Naturopathic clinics
- And more
What Are The Benefits Of a Diploma Over A Certificate In Medical Office Administration?
Why a Diploma Program is the Best Choice for Aspiring MOAs
Halifax-Based Medical Office Assistants’ Job Outlook And Salary Expectations
- IWK Health Centres
- Health Canada
- Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
The Difference Between MOAs And Unit Clerks
How Much Money Can You Make As A Medical Office Assistant In Halifax?
- Earn a qualification like a Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Know where to apply: jobseekers might find that working for a hospital or a specialized clinic pays more than working for a family doctor or a dentist.
- Research the different types of healthcare facilities that hire MOAs and see which ones pay better or offer more non-monetary benefits.
- Look for a position with a Halifax health authority employing unionized workers.
- Ask around your professional network and inquire about the best opportunities.
- Sharpen your skills and knowledge through continuing education or certification courses.
MOAs’ Most Valuable Skills For Success In Careers In Halifax
- Transcribing medical reports and correspondence
- Invoicing patients and processing insurance claims
- Record-keeping and data entry
- Using medical office software
- Understanding medical terminology and anatomy
- Following infection control and safety protocols
- Customer service
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Empathy and compassion
Career Opportunities For Medical Office Assistants In Halifax
If you're passionate about working in the healthcare field and helping people, becoming a medical office assistant in Halifax might be the perfect career choice for you. Once you earn your Diploma in Medical Office Administration, you can start out as a:
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Patient Coordinator
- Medical Scheduler
- Hospital Unit Clerk
- Medical Billing Clerk
- And more
- Medical Office Manager
- Clinic Manager
- Medical Office Trainer