Why Choose a Career as a Pharmacy Assistant?
Making A Difference In People's Lives
What Does A Pharmacy Assistant Do?
- Assisting Pharmacists with prescription refills and medication labelling
- Handling customer queries and providing them with necessary information about medication
- Inventory management and stocking a retail or community pharmacy’s shelves
- Processing payments and handling a pharmacy’s cash registers
- Helping pharmacists maintain patient records and refill requests
How to Become a Pharmacy Assistant By Earning A Diploma
Skills And Qualities Of A Successful Pharmacy Assistant
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Familiarity with medication:
- Brand names
- Generic names
- Demonstration of the above skills
Choosing A Comprehensive Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Program
Pharmacy Assistant Certificates Vs Pharmacy Assistant Diplomas
Benefits of Earning a Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
How Much Do Pharmacy Assistants Earn in Canada?
- Northwest Territories: $31.86/hour
- Yukon Territory: $26.05/hour
- British Colombia: $23.56/hour
How Pharmacy Assistant Classes Help You Pursue Your Career
Pharmacy Assistant Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Health & Ethics
- Pharmacology I
- Pharmacology II
- Pharmaceutical Software - Kroll
- Community Pharmacy Procedures
- Institutional Pharmacy Procedures
- And more
Practical Experience Through Practicum
A 7-week practicum provides you with hands-on experience in a real-world pharmacy setting. Practice skills you developed through your courses — from preparing and restocking medication inventory, to using pharmacy software and equipment, interacting with patients and health care providers, and following standard operating procedures of a pharmacy.
Practicum students gain valuable insights into the day-to-day operations of a community pharmacy and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working as a Pharmacy Assistant as they round off their education. This is the part of your diploma where knowledge becomes working knowledge.
Job Search Strategies For Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Graduates
- Update your resume and cover letter.
- Network with people in the pharmacy industry.
- Apply for jobs online and offline.
- Prepare for interviews.